Learning to Live, Living to Learn.
Rushwick C of E Primary School produces children who are well prepared for the challenges of the future and show kindness in all that they do. We pride ourselves in nurturing children who treat everyone the way they wish to be treated themselves, and in doing so safeguard our golden rules for living a happy life where we can also make a positive difference to the lives of others.
The Rushwick Ethos: "Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Luke 6:31)
Rushwick is a learning community, underpinned by Christian values. We recognise everyone as a unique child of God. We expect our children and all adults to treat eachother the way we all wish to be treated ourselves.
Our School Vision
Our vision is to nurture a sense of awe and wonder and provide an excellent education which equips each child with the necessary skills to meet changes and challenges throughout their life.
We do this by encouraging them to:
Learn from what came before. Be a change for good. Work hard. Be kind. Have a go. Ask questions. Share ideas. Try your best. Never give up. Aim high. Listen to advice. Be involved in school, national and global community issues. Make the most of new opportunities. Safeguard our Golden Rules.
“Our Golden Rules”
Be kind and helpful
Look after property
Listen to people
Be ‘e’ aware
These Golden Rules for the Rushwick school community represent our understanding of British Values. We expect all adults working within the school community to promote these values and golden rules by celebrating diversity and championing equality.
Rushwick CE Primary is an inclusive school where all are welcome. We celebrate diversity and champion equality. Everybody who enters our school is expected to behave in a way which respects the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010.
Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010 and the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011.
At Rushwick Primary School, we take this obligation very seriously and ensure that all our pupils can take part as fully as possible in every aspect of school life. We identify any barriers to learning that they may have and then work to overcome these so that each child can fulfil their potential.
We strive to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Rushwick Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives 2021 - 2025 are as follows:
To raise awareness of equality & diversity
- Ensure that the school promotes role models and heroes that young people positively identify with, who reflect and broaden the school’s diversity in terms of race, gender and disability etc.
- Ensure tolerance and respect towards individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics.
- Promote ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all by ensuring that nobody is disadvantaged by any of the protected characteristics.
The Public Sector Equality Act for schools can be downloaded via the following link: